Many people employed in essential public services are deprived of the right to strike and must resolve their collective agreements through interest arbitration. Other unions and organizations choose interest arbitration to resolve difficult issues in the workplace related to salaries and benefits, or issues arising under collective agreements. We represent lawyers, health care workers and other groups before interest arbitration panels. We also have a long history of acting as nominees on interest arbitration boards in the health care sector.
Our services in this area include:
- advice to groups on the process of interest arbitration and legislative requirements;
- recommendations on appointment of interest arbitrators and interest arbitration panels;
- research on comparable salaries and benefits in the industry;
- preparation of interest arbitration briefs;
- sitting as nominee on interest arbitration boards;
- representation of diverse groups before interest arbitration boards.